According to weather reports, heat indexes are expected to approach 100 degrees each afternoon for the next four days. While it is unlikely that we will experience the we did last week, it's still best to play it cool.
And there is nothing we do better in this neighborhood than that.
Six Ways To Stay Cool in Carroll Gardens, Cobble Hill and Boerum Hill
1. Buy An Air Conditioner - Seriously. Temperatures will be dropping only a degree or two below 80ºF each night.
2. Say Hello To Hollywood - The frosty theaters inside and United Artists Court Street Stadium are a stone's throw away. Plus, there's popcorn.
3. Uncap a Fire Hydrant - For information on how to open hydrants legally, read .
4. Take a Dip - officially opened Thursday, June 28.
5. Get Some Licks In - It's as good a reason as any for ice cream and fro-yo. , , , , , anyone?
6. Visit a Local Cooling Center - Seniors and those who don't have air conditioners are invited to please come to the local resource centers .
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.