What is Reiki? is a common question I get when someone hears I am a practitioner. So I tell them it is a technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. How do you give Reiki? is the next question and I explain that it is done by "laying on hands" so that "life force energy" flows through. Finally, I tell them that if their "life force energy" is low, they might be more likely to get sick or to feel anxious, and if it is high, they have a stronger chance of being more confident and healthy. And so this is what Reiki is and what it can do for you.
As a Reiki I & II practitioner, I have identified five pertinent life situations in which Reiki can be vitally helpful to you in balancing and harmonizing your life energy as well as in removing byoki, an unhealthy energy that can become blocked and cause a less than vibrant life.
You should consider a Reiki session if you find yourself located in one of these life areas:
1) Grief. Saying good-bye to a loved one whether through death or divorce, causes us to experience all the pangs of grief from sorrow to anger, and Reiki provides harmony and calm, as well as a way to express and release the sadness, and increase a healthy healing.
2) Disease. Reiki is used more and more in hospitals now, even in surgery to assist and to help in the recovery process. Patients sometimes cannot be touched however Reiki allows a non-touch procedure that provides plentiful energy to any affected area caused by the disease.
3) Pets. Reiki is great for pets preparing to be boarded or in a kennel, experiencing behaviorial problems, adapting to the arrival of a new baby in the family where once the pet was the only "baby", and nearing death or sickness. Energy helps every living being on this planet, and pets need it, too!
4) Body, mind, and spirit aches. I love when this happens during a session and a client says, "What did you do to my legs?" or "You were over my ankles, but I felt it all the way up in my head!" or "I had such images while you were over my eyes!" Reiki goes where it needs to go to help and I am just the vessel. Reiki is here to help you where only your body, mind, and spirit know you need it. I work with Reiki to clean and balance your auras, chakras, meridians, and everything that makes up you.
5) Low self esteem or emotional blocks. Perhaps you are seeing a psychologist and just can't seem to get past an issue. Reiki, in conjunction with your treatment, can help unblock and release byoki to allow you to feel more confident, communicative, and ready to go forward in your therapy.
Thomas Merton said, "Happiness is not a matter of intensity, but of balance, order, rhythm, and harmony." Reiki is here for you. There are so many support systems in place to help in life and Reiki is a genius one! Let it be your wise way to support yourself.