The NYPD announced street closures and anticipated traffic delays for the weekend Nov. 10-11. Drivers should also know that due to storm damage, scheduled events and construction closures may be canceled.
- The Queens Midtown Tunnel is open to traffic, with two lanes available in each direction. Trucks are not permitted to use the tunnel at this time. The tunnel remains subject to overnight closures as crews continue to repair damage to mechanical, ventilation, lighting, communications and other systems caused by the flooding.
- The Holland Tunnel is open to traffic except for tractor-trailers, while the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel remains closed at this time.
- The Battery Park Underpass remains closed in both directions.
- Other Bridges and Tunnels may restrict traffic as needed.
Sunday, Nov. 11
VETERANS DAY PARADE
- 26th Street from Madison Ave to Broadway (Marchers)
- 27th Street from Madison Ave to 5th Ave (Marchers)
- 27th Street from 5th Ave to Broadway (22 Floats)
- 28th Street from Madison Ave to 5th Ave (Marchers)
- 28th Street from Madison Ave to 5th Ave (Motorcycles)
- 29th Street from 5th Ave to Broadway (Marchers)
- 5th Avenue from 26th to 52nd Streets
- 52nd Street from 5th to 7th Avenues
- 52nd, 53rd Street from 5th to Madison Avenues
- 52nd Street from Madison to Park Avenues
- 53rd Street from 6th to Madison Avenues
The above streets will be closed for this event.
STATEN ISLAND BIKERS ASSOCIATION TOYS FOR TOTS MOTORCYCLE RIDE
Formation Location: Midland Beach Parking Lot #5A
End Location: 155 Claypit Rd.
Exit Midland Beach Parking Lot #5A onto Father Capodanno Blvd; N on Father Capodanno Blvd into/becomes Lily Pond Ave; W on Service Rd of Staten Island Expy to entrance to w/b SIE; W on SIE to exit 7, Richmond Ave; S on Richmond Ave to Drumgoole Rd West; W on Drumgoole Rd West to Korean War Veterans Pkwy; S on KWV Pkwy to West Shore Expy; N on West Shore Expy to Woodrow Rd Exit 3; N on Veterans Road East to Claypit Rd; E on Claypit Rd to 155 Claypit Rd.
(Entrance on corner of Claypit Road & Veterans Road East)