1. Weigh in: Brooklyn Assemblyman Dov Hikind's blackface Purim costume over the weekend has been widely criticized as being overtly racist. Check out a photo and some reactions on Gothamist. Then, share your thoughts in the comments below.
2. Think green: Big!Compost is looking for volunteers to help out with a variety of events across the city, including the "Grow Our Grass Roots" conference on March 16 at Borough Hall. Check out their list of events here.
3. Hear wedding bells: These days the 'Brooklyn wedding' has practically become a format unto itself. If you're recently engaged and looking for local vendors, or planning a party of any kind, be sure to pick up tickets for Brooklyn Based's bridal expo "Wedding Crashers" on March 10. They're going quick.
4. Try, try again: Couldn't score tickets to Beyoncé's The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour performances at Barclays Center? Well, she just added a third and final show for August 5. Tickets go on sale March 4 at 10 a.m. Set your clocks!
5. Move your car: Alternate side parking is in effect today.