1. Spoon up something good. Seersucker's Chef Robert Newton recently shared his recipe for Spoonbread Wontons in an entertaining, indie rock-scored video on Eater.com. But lest anyone label the restaurant a tease, the team will be offering the delectable dish as a lunch and dinner special this weekend.
2. Party like it's 1999. If you've never been to this cover-free Friday night event filled with Brooklynites united by '90s rock, pop, dance, R&B and hip-hop—2013 is as good a time as any to start. The Bell House, 149 7th St., 10 p.m. Free.
3. Pick up a wedding dress. Calling all brides! On Saturday from 12-6 p.m., Michelle New York Bride's is holding a trunk sale at 396 Atlantic Ave. This is by appointment only, so to R.S.V.P., call 718-643-1680.
4. Fall down the rabbit hole. Help launch BAM’s very special season of family programs at the new BAM Fisher at 321 Ashland Pl. this Saturday at the BAMfamily Launch Party: Down the Rabbit Hole. The celebration features Story Pirates’ sketch comedy musicals, based on stories written by kids, and Urban Stages’ Blown Away by Poetry, an interactive performance and workshop with puppets and poetry, storytelling, plus face-painting and more. As part of this festive day of storytelling, children are invited to come dressed as their favorite storybook character.
5. Move the car. Unfortunately alternate side is in effect today. The next suspension is this coming Monday, Jan. 21 for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.