1. Recycling pickup is restored. According to nyc.gov, "Regularly scheduled Monday recycling will be picked up on Monday, November 12, even though the day was originally scheduled as a holiday in observance of Veterans Day."
2. Party for a good cause... Local authors and musicians will perform, New Yorker illustrations will be sold, and t-shirts will be available—all at Union Hall in Park Slope for a night of Sandy Relief efforts with 100% of proceeds to benefit Sandy victims. 7:30 p.m., $20 at the door.
3. ...or, get involved. A Coffey Park distribution center for Red Hook residents in need will now operate from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m., 7 days a week. Volunteers are needed to sustain relief efforts at this and other locations. If you are interested in being trained to do so, call the Red Hook Recovers Communication Line at (347) 770-1528.
4. The library is closed today, but the park and museum are open! For other Veterans Day closure information, read our story here.
5. Alternate side parking rules are suspended today for Veterans Day and Tuesday, November 13 in observance of Diwali. Parking meter rules remain in effect.