1. Join the movement to save Brooklyn's ailing hospitals. Supporters of LICH will be attending special board meeting in Manhattan this afternoon and voicing their opposition to the proposal to close this South Brooklyn medical center. For more details, click here.
2. Work it out. Septuagenarians and others can give joints and mucles a good twist or two at the Senior Wellness Program taking place at the Carroll Library this morning. Activities will include chair exercises, yoga and stretching. 10 a.m., basement auditorium, free.
3. Scratch one off of your Oscars list. If your reaction to the film Amour being nominated for Best Picture at this year's Academy Awards was "never heard of it," you're not alone. In fact, I don't know a single soul who has seen this picture. But if you'd like to satisfy your curiosity, it's currently playing at BAM. Showtimes vary as well as ticket prices. Click here for details.
4. Reserve your tickets. On Friday morning seats will become available for Postal Service and Beyonce performances at Barclays Center this summer. Looking to do something this weekend? There's a Vegan Bake-Off taking place at The Bell House on Sunday at 3 p.m. and you can snap up those tickets right now. Bring your meat aversion and your agave addiction with you.
5. Find another spot. Alternate side parking rules are in effect today.