1. Join the fight: LICH activists are continuing to appeal to the DOH on behalf of keeping Cobble Hill's only hospital open, visit www.SaveLICH.org to learn how to contact New York State Health Commissioner Nirav Shah on their behalf.
2. Play in the Park: Several Prospect Park institutions are open today for Midwinter Recess. Drop by the Audubon Center and Lefferts Historic House from 12 to 4 p.m. and the Prospect Park Zoo from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
3. Weep for lost cookies: The New York Daily News reports that more than 13,000 boxes of perfectly edible Girl Scout cookies were pulverized and sent to a Riverside, Calif., landfill. Watch the heart-rending video here.
4. Ready the bike: Work is officially underway to repair a 2.5 mile stretch of Shore Parkway promenade that was destroyed by Superstorm Sandy, NY1 reports. The work, which will include fixing seawall caps, pavement and benches, and removing debris, is expected to be completed by Memorial Day weekend.
5. Move your car: After several days off, alternate side parking is sadly back in effect today.