1. Start preparing your tax return. According to blogger Dianne Besunder, the IRS announced yesterday that it plans to open the 2013 filing season and begin processing individual income tax returns on Jan. 30. "The IRS will be able to accept tax returns affected by the late Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) patch as well as the three major 'extender' provisions for people claiming the state and local sales tax deduction, higher education tuition and fees deduction and educator expenses deduction." To read more, click here.
2. Revel in a recent victory. The Brooklyn Nets bested the New York Knicks at Madison Square Garden on Monday with a final score off 88-85. Monday marked the last time the two teams will face off on the court during the regular season. Brooooklyn, Brooooklyn!
3. Take a peek. Flatbush Gardener has an important question for you: Are these newborn baby squirrels, seen in a box outside of Sean Casey Animal Rescue, cute or just plain creepy? Cast your vote!
4. Build your own mystery. Is your significant other nothing more than a figment of your troubled mind? Join the Brooklyn Cyclones on June 21 for Fictitious Friday, inspired by Manti Te'o's relationship with his fake girlfriend, Lennay Kekua. The promotion, which may or may not be fictional itself, invites ticket-holders to "bring their make believe significant-other to the ballpark free of charge." Tickets won't go on sale until spring, leaving you plenty of time to brush up on your pick-up tweets.
5. Move it or lose it. Alternate-side parking is in effect today.