1. Get Shanghai-jacked! Only in Brooklyn could an Americana roots band be named after a delicious Chinese restaurant. (I still dream of their vegetarian wonton soup.) But now you don't have to schlep to Williamsburg to get a taste of the M Shanghai String Band & Friends. They are coming to you tonight at Jalopy Theater, 315 Columbia St.; 8:30 p.m. $10.
2. Stock up on warm wear for wee ones. It's time for Picnic boutique's Winter Sale. "Stop in today for up to 30% off on many fall and winter items!" says owner Lindsey Engler. "Brands include Splendid, LA Made, Pink Chicken, Alpha Industries, Andrew Marc, Charlie Rocket and more! Plus, 30% off ALL winter shoes!"
3. Multitask at a hip market. Prefer shopping (and dancing!) in the dark? The Gowanus Nite Market returns this weekend with a slew of indie vendors, food, DJs and other fabulous treats. 540 President St., 7p.m. to midnight. (see flier attached to the gallery)
4. Make plans for brunch. Black Mountain Winehouse is now offering a short, sweet brunch menu on Sundays, offering mouth-watering meals ranging from Maple Mascarpone French Toast to Mushroom & Swiss Scrambles. 415 Union St., 11a.m. to 4 p.m.
5. Move the car. Sorry folks, alternate side parking rules are in effect today. The next suspension isn't until Monday, Jan. 21 for MLK Day, according to the NYCDOT.