1. Indulge in improv. is a weekly improv, sketch, and stand-up comedy show. Each week it is hosted by comedy trios SIDECAR (Justin Tyler, Matt Fisher, Alden Ford), M.A.D. (D'Arcy Erokan, Abra Tabak, MacKenzie Condon), and special guests. , 225 Fourth Avenue between President and Union Streets, 10:00 p.m., $5.
2. Get a whiff of whiskey's history. Explore the origins of the spirit, its eventual arrival into Scotland and how the process was refined and perfected to the malts and blends we enjoy today. , Brooklyn Brainery, 515 Court Street at the corner of West 9th Street, 6:30 p.m., $13.
3. Believe in magic. stars illusionists Dennis Diamond, Louie Magic, and Daryl Hannah in a powerhouse display of intrigue, secrets and mystery. St. Ann's Warehouse, 38 Water Street at the corner of Dock Street, showings all day, $20.
4. Find out if your train is running ... The F and G trains will be skipping Smith-9th St, 15th St-Prospect Park and Fort Hamilton Parkway, per usual. Jamaica-bound F trains will run via the M from 47-50 Streets to Roosevelt Avenue. Coney Island-bound F trains run via A the from W 4 St to Jay St-MetroTech, according to the MTA.
5. ... And if you have to move your car. Yes. Alternate side parking is in effect, according to the NYCDOT.
About this column: Carroll Gardens information and events you won't want to miss, including the subway and alternate side info each day.