1. Cook your own corned beef... Learn how to make classic Emerald Isle dishes like caraway soda bread and corned beef with cabbage at a hands-on Irish Cooking Class, while enjoying beer and whiskey. Ger-Nis Culinary & Herb Center, 540 President Street between Third and Fourth Avenues, Suite 2E, 4:00 p.m. to 6:30p.m.; $65 (347-422-0337).
2. ...Or chow down on Char No. 4's house-smoked version. The bar will also be serving cask-conditioned Irish stout from Brooklyn Brewery and whiskey flights including Powers Gold Label Irish, Redbreast 12-year, Tullamore Dew ten-year single-malt and Jameson 12-year. , 196 Smith Street between Baltic and Warren Streets, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m.
3. Shamrock 'n' roll. to be on St. Patrick's Day by Carroll Gardens Patch readers, PJ Hanley's Tavern will be hosting live bands all day so can get your Irish jig on. , 449 Court Street at the corner of Fourth Place, 10:00 a.m. to midnight.
4. Find out if your train is running ... The F and G trains will be skipping Smith-9th St, 15th St-Prospect Park and Fort Hamilton Parkway, per usual. Jamaica-bound F trains will run via the M from 47-50 Streets to Roosevelt Avenue. Coney Island-bound F trains run via A the from W 4 St to Jay St-MetroTech, according to the MTA.
5. ... And if you have to move your car. Yes. Alternate side parking is in effect, according to the NYCDOT.
About this column: Carroll Gardens information and events you won't want to miss, including the subway and alternate side info each day.