1. Look sharp. The Isabel Marant collection at Bird features all of the florals and etoiles to satisfy your spring shopping needs. Worth a look! , 220 Smith Street at the corner of Butler Street, open 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., Prices vary.
2. Lend a hand. The Brooklyn Greenway Initiative continues its clean-up efforts along Columbia Street this morning—and they're looking for volunteers. All ages welcome. , 153 Columbia Street between Degraw and Kane Streets. 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., Free. Call 718.522.0193 for details.
3. Loosen up. Arden Myrin and Lisa deLarios host a zany lineup of comedians, party acts, and other surprises for The Party Machine, Union Hall, 702 Union Street at Fifth Avenue, 7:30 p.m., $5.
4. Find out if your train is running ... The F and G trains will be skipping Smith-9th St, 15th St-Prospect Park and Fort Hamilton Parkway, per usual. Jamaica-bound F trains will run via the M from 47-50 Streets to Roosevelt Avenue. Coney Island-bound F trains run via A the from W 4 St to Jay St-MetroTech, according to the MTA.
5. ... And if you have to move your car. Yes. Alternate side parking has resumed, according to the NYCDOT.
About this column: Carroll Gardens information and events you won't want to miss, including the subway and alternate side info each day.