1. Sit back and watch. Introduce your children to the strongest girl in the world—Pippi Longstocking! In this film, Pippi moves into Villa Villakulla with her monkey, Mr. Nillsson, and horse, Little Old Man, and the adventures begin. , , 265 Court Street at Butler Street, 12:00 p.m., $7.
2. Show off. Performers of all stripes can flaunt their talents tonight at the Open Mic. Arrive by 6:30pm to sign up for the show. A maximum of 2 songs or 7 minutes of material is permitted. A small guitar amp and microphones are provided. , Brooklyn Lyceum, Ocean Avenue at Flatbush Avenue, 10:30 a.m., Free.
3. Get involved. Brooklyn's reconvenes for its monthly this evening. The more you go, the more you know. The Old Stone House, 336 3rd Street between Fourth and Fifth Avenues, 6:30 p.m., Free.
4. Find out if your train is running ... The F and G trains will be skipping Smith-9th St, 15th St-Prospect Park and Fort Hamilton Parkway, per usual. Jamaica-bound F trains will run via the M from 47-50 Streets to Roosevelt Avenue. Coney Island-bound F trains run via A the from W 4 St to Jay St-MetroTech, according to the MTA.
5. ... And if you have to move your car. Yes. Alternate side parking has resumed, according to the NYCDOT.
About this column: Carroll Gardens information and events you won't want to miss, including the subway and alternate side info each day.