1. Meet some like-minded, lit-loving parents. The event this morning at Carroll Library not only allows babies from birth to 16 months old to enjoy stories, rhymes and songs—but it's also a perfect arena to meet other neighborhood moms and dads! Carroll Library, 396 Clinton Street at Union Street, 10:30 a.m., Free.
2. Get dressed up and go to a proper gala. is hosting a bona fide with food, drink, games, and bubbly to raise money for school. The Invisible Dog, 51 Bergen Street between Boerum Place and Smith Street, 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., $75 in advance, $100 at the door.
3. Get jazzed. Enjoy the improvisational, acoustic musical stylings of both the at iBeam Music Studio, 168 7th Street between Third and Fourth Avenue, 8:30 p.m. for Nico, 10:00 p.m. for SA, $10 suggested donation.
4. Find out if your train is running ... The F and G trains are running normally this week, but will be skipping Smith-9th St, 15th St-Prospect Park and Fort Hamilton Parkway, according to the MTA.
5. ... And if you have to move your car. Yes. Alternate side won't be suspended again until Monday, Feb. 13 for Lincoln's Birthday, according to the NYCDOT.
About this column: Carroll Gardens information and events you won't want to miss, including the subway and alternate side info each day.