1. Assume child's pose. This class provides a relaxing space where you can reconnect to your body and breath while nurturing your connection with your baby. , , 518 Henry Street at Union Street, 11:00 a.m., $12.
2. Swing on a star. Two-time Emmy Award-winning actress Kristen Johnston (Third Rock From the Sun; ER; The Exes) has written her first book, Guts: The Endless Follies and Tiny Triumphs of a Giant Disaster, and will be reading a selection from it tonight. , 163 Court Street between Dean and Pacific Streets, 7:00 p.m., Free.
3. Embrace your inner nerd. Molecular biologist Alea Mills of Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is among the most preeminent of gene hunters, traversing the microscopic world of the cell and discovering DNA hotspots that play a critical role in aging, cancer, autism, and other disorders. Have your brain boggled by Dr. Mills' lecture at Secret Science Club at , 149 Seventh Street between Second and Third Avenues, 7:30 p.m., Free.
4. Find out if your train is running ... The F and G trains will be skipping Smith-9th St, 15th St-Prospect Park and Fort Hamilton Parkway, per usual. Jamaica-bound F trains will run via the M from 47-50 Streets to Roosevelt Avenue. Coney Island-bound F trains run via A the from W 4 St to Jay St-MetroTech, according to the MTA.
5. ... And if you have to move your car. Yes. Alternate side parking is in effect, according to the NYCDOT.
About this column: Carroll Gardens information and events you won't want to miss, including the subway and alternate side info each day.